Tuesday, July 10, 2007

THE BLACK STALLION RULES

I always was a dumb boy in schools, in my studies and play. I remember well when I use to see the scholars and toppers in my class, they alwyas had their back-patted, and a tight collar walking tall. I never was impressed nor got inspired with any of their triumphs. They say, everyone is blessed with some extra-ordinary quality which they have to find it some day. There is no success without faliure, and no successful person if he dos'nt have any aims
or dreams to achieve. I was in my fourth standard in St. Lawrence school - Aurangabad, I can remember the day when my teacher had announced scholarship examination to be held. The announcement was made and the fees was about 40 rupees, I was very eager to make an attempt for it. I went ahead to the teacher and said "I would like to appear for the scholarship exams.." My teacher looked at me and started laughing at me, and she said "Are you going to appear for the exam... Do you know who is appearing for it, its only two of them from our class and they both are rank holders, and were not even in the top 10 ranks..." and it was like a slap on my face, I walked back down to my desk which was second last corner of the classroom, and I saw each one of the class just laughing at me... It was a embarrasing moment. As always couldnt handle my emotions, I cried when I was alone. But whatever it was, it taught me a lesson. And the same talks with god, why me, why it was me that every one was laughing at and why am I weak in my studies that I couldnt appear for the scholarships. Then is the time when I see out from the window, I see the sea and the marine drive, I see the birds in the sky. I the tought reminds me of the words of some of my close friends "do you have any idea what have you achieved and where do you stand today.." and some words from my bosses "you are the only candidate who was selected from the thirty eight odd designers we interviwed" and a great applause for me when the application design which was pending from a year - was launched as I made th design possible in two months and a week. And for the increments and the trip to bangalore for my future ventures. And I ask god, why am I looking at the sea and the sky above... and asking you the question? WHY ME? and I get an answer - its not the end... its the beginning. The Black Stallions Rules.

4 comments:

Alpana Kulkarni said...

Hi Dear,

It was nice to read this post. Yes, u r rite - everyone has something special hidden in him/her... A person has to do the self analysis, introspection and understand that hidden quality. I think ur hidden quality is ur artistic mind and ur art. Don't ever let it go from ur life. Thats the only thing made u designer and yet u need to travel miles ahead..

Sometimes I feel so proud of u that u hv achieved so much so even at early age of life... But you know what is your hidden quality. When I think of myself - I feel as if I am lost... I donno wats it in me that is special and different than others.... I keep searching and searching - but cldn't arrive at conclusion... I am proud of u that u hv found wats hidden in you. And I wish that u achieve heights in ur life..

Ritwik said...

Hey, alps thanks for the comment.

Unknown said...

good one...
i would say THE BLACK STALLION RETURNS

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.